Hummus (or houmous) is a popular Middle Eastern dip or spread and is commonly used for dipping vegetables like cucumber, carrot, and celery. And this homemade hummus is easy to make.
It can be an incredibly healthy dish, linked with being packed with many vitamins and minerals. But unfortunately, many of the shop-brought varieties include a lot of added ingredients and additives.
Making hummus at home is quick and easy, all you need is a blender or food processor.
Homemade hummus ingredients
- X1 tin of chickpeas (400g)
- Juice of 1 lemon or 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- X2 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 80ml oat milk
- Salt and pepper
How to make
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- Add all of the ingredients to the food processor or blender, including the rinsed chickpeas.
- Blend until combined, stopping to scrape down the sides if necessary.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge – use within a few days.
**Disclosure: Some links in this article may be affiliate links. Any purchases made through this/these link(s) are at no extra cost to you but give joannewilkes.com a small commission. Thank you!