I love granola, and this healthy homemade granola is quick and easy to make.
When I found out that the store brought granola wasn’t as healthy as it looks I was so disappointed. You think you’re starting your day with a healthy breakfast, but it’s loaded with sugar!
Is homemade granola bad for you?
Homemade granola is the best breakfast recipe, it’s super easy to make and takes no time at all. It’s much healthier than the store brought granola with only a small amount of natural sugar and no additives.
The maple syrup and cinnamon in this granola give it a cinnamon bun taste and it’s so delicious.
Here’s how to make homemade granola!
- X1 tbsp coconut oil
- 150g oats
- 30g pumpkin seeds
- 30g sunflower seeds
- 50g cashews
- X1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1x tsp cinnamon
- X2 tsp maple syrup
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (fan) and cover a baking tray with baking paper
- Melt the coconut oil
- Combine the oats, seeds, and cashews in a large bowl
- Add the vanilla essence, cinnamon, and maple syrup to the melted coconut oil and stir
- Pour the coconut oil mixture over the oats, seeds, and cashews and mix well
- Once the mixture is completely covered pour it onto the baking tray and spread out evenly
- Pop in the oven for around 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it’s a golden colour
- Leave on the side to cool down, before putting it into an airtight container
You can top your granola with some dried fruit like raisins, cranberries, or apricots and serve with milk or some greek yogurt for a delicious healthy breakfast.
**Disclosure: Some links in this article may be affiliate links. Any purchases made through this/these link(s) are at no extra cost to you but give joannewilkes.com a small commission. Thank you!