Chicken fajitas are a fun, easy, and tasty weekend (or weekday) treat, and you can really mix them up and make them your own.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Chicken fajitas ingredients
- X2 chicken breasts
- X1 onion
- X1 red pepper
- X1 yellow/orange pepper
- X2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp cajun spices
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- X1 tbsp avocado oil
X4 wholemeal or gluten-free wraps
How to make
- Cut up the chicken breasts into strips and marinate with the cumin, cajun, and smoked paprika, and leave to sit while you prepare the rest.
- Cut the onion up into slices and cut the peppers into thin slices.
- Heat the avocado oil in a pan and add the onion, and saute until they’re translucent and soft.
- Add the peppers and sauté for about 5 minutes, then add the chicken.
- Sauté until the chicken is cooked through.
- If you prefer to warm up the wraps you can do this in the oven for just a few minutes (too long and they will end up crispy and more like taco shells!)
- Pop the fajita mix and any guacamole, sour cream, or salsa into your wrap, fold and enjoy!
We love having sweet potato wedges or nachos alongside these.
If you make these as a weeknight dinner they also make a great leftover lunch.
**Disclosure: Some links in this article may be affiliate links. Any purchases made through this/these link(s) are at no extra cost to you but give joannewilkes.com a small commission. Thank you!