I love a hot breakfast, especially in the colder months and oatmeal is my go-to breakfast. But sometimes I want something more than just a standard bowl of porridge, which is where baked oatmeal comes in. If you prefer a cold breakfast, you can check out my chocolate and peanut butter overnight oats recipe.
Baked Oatmeal is just that. It’s like eating cake for breakfast! (and who doesn’t love the thought of that!)
This is a quick and simple recipe that you can make your own, add your own flavours, top with nut butter. Whatever you fancy. And you can even make it the night before for a grab-and-go breakfast.
- X3 tsp of stewed apples or applesauce
- X1 egg
- 40g oats
- X1 tsp ground flax seeds
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Frozen blueberries or raspberries
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees (fan)
- Whisk the apple and egg together
- Add in the oats and combine
- Add in the maca powder or flax seeds and cinnamon to taste
- Drop-in a few blueberries or raspberries and gently stir until combined
- Pop in an oven-proof dish and top with a few more berries
- Put in the oven for 10-15 minutes
Let me know in the comments if you’ve tried baked oatmeal and your favourite flavours.